Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Great Day for Friends and Running

We started out the day planning on running the first half of the Tacoma City Marathon. Several of us who were planning a slow easy run to familiarize ourselves with the course met at Point Defiance pretty early. The faster runners of the group met later and staggered their starts. We ran through downtown. it is so nice being in the city early in the morning before the hustle and bustle. We ran a nice slow pace through the city, down Shuster and along ruston Way. The company was great. Melissa was leaping along and we all joined her. (had to be there). We ended up going about 11 miles. The weather was great and the company was better. I also saw Stadium High School up close for the first time, including the "Bowl". One of the best things about the running club is all the new places I have been to that have been right here in my back yard all along.
Of course, we topped off the morning with coffee at Starbuck's. The babies are all so cute. So this is my report for this week. I am going to create my Marathons completed section of my blog and keep it under construction until after the 31st. i can't wait.

No comments: