Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just a few random thoughts.....


I don' have any major reports or great stories to tell this time. I ran the five mile loop around Point Defiance today with Michelle, Eric, and Melissa. We are all taking it slow for upcoming events (see marathon schedule).
Here is another pic from Disneyland. This is Frank and Evelyn on a kiddie ride. I love this picture.
One thing that has really bothered me the last couple weeks is my weight. I know I am not huge, but I'm just not comfortable. In July I weighed about 10 lbs more than I do now and I have been able to maintain that loss. Now it is time to drop a few more. I really feel the need to tone my arms and concentrate on my core a bit more. The weight of my upper body is starting to affect my knees and hip. I have been doing so much running, I have neglected the rest. I am not going on a crash diet or anything. This week I have decided to cut out red meat. This will also help me to stay away from fast food. We will see how it goes. I will post a weight section on the blog to hold myself accountable.
Next random thought...I have so many things I want to do. I want to go back to school to get my R.N I want to get my rank back. For those of you who don't know, I gave up one rank and went from a Staff Sergeant (E-6) to a Sergeant (E-5) to go back to active duty Army. I have to prepare for and go to the promotion board to start that process. My main issue is that I don't want to start anything right now as we are gearing up for Frank to go to Iraq.
So, there are just a lot of things going through my head and I guess the best thing I can do right now is just keep running. Run and run and keep my head somewhat clear.
I know this isn't the most exciting blog. The next two weeks will be much better with marathon reports and who knows, maybe a PR.

2 comments:

Backofpack said...

I see you got the pictures up and working. Cool! I love the teacup one.

That was a great run this morning. I'm excited for our adventures in the next few weeks and next fall on the road trip.

Also, don't worry about your blog being exciting. Just post your thoughts and share your life - we'll read it all!

Journey to a Centum said...

Hey! It's the other Michelle, or is it Mitch? Need a nickname to keep you two from answering me at the same time.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. I'll see you at Mt. Si! Have a nice taper week.